iPhone 3.0 to be released on June 19th, 2009

Today marks the start of my third week with my new iPhone, and boy they are addictive. As of late, I've realized that there's something messed up with my ability to use the 3G network for data - it seemed that all attempts for me to use 3G would result in the message "unable to access the 3G network - not subscribed to cellular data network."

When I first encountered this, it was the first Saturday I had the phone - at home I'd been using the Wifi the entire time wituout a second thought. I didn't pursue it then because it was inconvenient for me.

During that first two weeks, I noticed that I was getting email in clumps after driving to and from work, and then I realized that the phone wasn't always connected. Troubleshooting this on Friday resulted in my getting a replacement phone just this last Saturday at Best Buy. That solved the problem, however, it wasn't until Monday that my phone's number routing showed troubles, and I wasn't able to receive calls!

I called ATT, and they looked at the routing issue - troubleshooting it caused the data side on replacement phone to break so that the "unsubscribed" message reappeared. So then I get bumped up to level 2 support - and this gal answers and I can tell that she's also addicted to her iPhone. The first thing she says is "By the way, the new iPhone 3G with OS 3.0 comes out on the 19th."

All smiles on my end after hearing this, she managed to get my number routed, and then rings off with the data issue escalated to ATT engineering - and by the time I'd finished blogging this, my 3G data network started working again!

Cheers to ATT's timely resolution of this problem! And major kudo's on some good news!

Comments

Popular Posts