Installating Windows 7 and seeing 0x80070570 error...

If you've recently tried to install Windows 7 on a new hot setup, you might run into the 0x80070570 error, where the installation fails with disk errors during the unpacking process.

After scouring the web for solutions, burning and re-burning the MSDN image, and considering doing the crazy thing - like installing XP, then migrating to 7 via Vista, I was very frustrated. In my desperation to see this machine sing, I tried a different approach and was most pleasantly surprised - I installed the OS from an external USB DVD drive.

It would seem that my brand new ASUS M4A78T-E w/AMD Phenom II X3 with SATA DVD burner, just wasn't getting along with the installation process for Windows 7 - but my USB DVD drive, which is an old IDE DVD burner with an adapter cable and external power supply ($20 at most well stocked computer parts places), worked perfectly.

Now if someone can explain how it is this new setup tells me that 4 cores are activated, when I have a three-core AMD processor, well, I'd just love to know! For those of you out there trying to get Windows 7 installed, just so you know, it appears that SATA DVD drives just may not be the perfect starting point - I'm certain they'll work fine once the OS is installed though.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts