Vans shoe store using bait & rip marketing

Did you ever go shopping and get confronted with tons of sales signs like this?




This is the Vans shoe store in the Colorado Mills mall not far from my house here in the Rocky Mountains. As I'm sitting here sipping my diet Coke, watching my wife and girls play mini-golf, I decided now was the time to try blogging from my iPhone and have a little rant.

Normally, hunting down sales is a fun adventure for all, but today it was more annoying than usual because of a crappy little bit of marketing misdirection perpetrated by the folks at Vans shoe store. In this case, as you can see in the picture above, there's plenty of 'Buy 1 get 1 half off' signs throughout the store - in fact, those signs are everywhere. However, when my wife handed me a couple of shoeboxes for both herself and my little girl, I was told at the register that the 'buy 1 get 1' doesn't apply because of a little sticker on the box.




Now under less pounding circumstances, I would say 'that sucks' and move on, however, this seems worthy to write about purely because of the annoyance in the store where they pasted one of these 'buy 1 get 1' signs on just about every case and shelf in the place.

Even cheesier is how they camoflaged the sticker by using the same font, coloring and other style elements in the sticker as the sale signs, further disguising the bad news. Believe me, this blog is way edited down from what I wanted to write originally - but opening with a headline like Crooked F'ing B-tards just isn't right...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:County Road 116,Northeast Jefferson,United States

Comments

Unknown said…
Good catch man, that's some serious BS they are pullin.

Popular Posts