Piratefish 4.2 Released!

After long delays and much editing, the newest version of the Piratefish is at last released!

The new version of the Piratefish is now version 4.2. There's a story behind the version number, suffice it to say that between when I started the re-write from version 7.10 to 8.10, everything had changed - and when I picked up where I left off with version 9.04, it changed once again, and once more when Ubuntu 9.10 came out.

This new version includes numerous fixes and re-writes, and is much more up to date with the current version of Ubuntu Linux - version 9.10. I've used a new method of getting screenshots, and unlike previous versions of the Piratefish, this one was built originally in VMware so that I could snapshot, start over, and get screen shots of boot screens and other goodies.

It has come together and has been tested, and with the latest versions of SpamAssassin and MailScanner, it's one of the best versions ever. Ubuntu server 9.10 is also an awesome version of Linux to use as a base, and I've even managed to roll in and test some new tricks to keep spammers on their toes.

I have decided to retire the old eBook format used in the old Piratefish - using PDF's ensures that Mac's and Linux users can also use the Piratefish as well. I've also taken steps to format the document so that it's more book-like - so if any of you wish to have your book printed and bound, that is now an option as well.

This latest version is 118 pages, and because I'm using a more portable format, upgrades can be done more easily than before.

I've not updated the PayPal links for auto-download, but that will come next in the coming days. If you've already purchased the Piratefish eBook, you are entitled to free lifetime updates, so please contact me for the latest version.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts